This page lists a collection of quotes from Bloodhound.
- Tom: "I've no pity for them getting their heads knocked in, none at all!"
- Beka: "But it was murder, Master Tomlan."
- Tom: "Some folk need murdering."
- Clary: "Tom, that's enough. Cooper's a good servant of the law."
- — Tomlan Goodwin, Rebakah Cooper and Clara Goodwin referring to Geraint and Madon Pell's death[src]
- Beka: "I'm not that fond of lying to folk. Not telling someone I like why I'm really here is the same as lying."
- Goodwin: "We're on a hunt, Cooper. When you're on a hunt, you do whatever it takes. [...] Folk will die of hunger if we don't nab these colemongers."
- — Rebakah Cooper and Clara Goodwin[src]
- Dale: "My feelings are hurt. The guards don't trust Hanse and me, and we're such trustworthy lads."
- Goodwin: "I wouldn't trust you farther than I can throw you, and you a bony bit of a cove. Look at you, toying with my poor, earnest Beka. I've been hearing about your reputation, Master Rowan! One foot in and out of the Court of the Rogue, you and Hanse."
- Dale: "Lies, all of it, lies. Well, mostly lies."
- — Dale Rowan and Clara Goodwin[src]
September 17, 247 IIEdit
- Okha: "Beka, what are you up to? You're making me worry."
- Beka: "I'm keeping myself busy till Goodwin comes back."
- Okha: "Are you? Beka, the Corus Rogue is a delightful, sane fellow who understands the world. Our Rogue is mad with greed and power and she's stupid. She thinks that no one lives who can stop her."
- Beka: "It's not my job to stop her. I collect information, only that. Yes, Pearl will meet her match, but it won't be a junior Dog like met. It'll be the law, resting in the hands of a whole squad of hard, senior Dogs."
- — Okha Soyan and Rebakah Cooper when she comes to him asking about the layout of Pearl's courts[src]
September 19, 247 IEdit
- "We're going to have an adventure," I told Achoo, putting her leash on her collar. "And it's a very good thing Pounce isn't here, because he might try to stop us. But you, you're game for nearabouts anything, aren't you?" Achoo pranced, wagging her tail. She was excited. "Well, then," I said, "I'll be Goodwin, and you'll be Tunstall, only fuzzier. And mayhap we'll live to tell this tale."
- —Rebakah Cooper after she decided to seek refuge with Pearl Skinner[src]
September 24, 247 IEdit
- Goodwin: "Of all the crackbrained dozy Pups it's ever been my curse to serve with! You just had to go and pluck the biggest Rat in all the Eastern Lands, didn't you? You couldn't have held your poxy tongue?"
- Nestor: "I thought she held her tongue well for a first-year Dog."
- Goodwin: "It's when she uses it that you have to watch her! She'll say any curst thing when she's got the bit between her teeth, and never mind the consequences! I'm surprised she's lived to tell this tale!"
- — Clara Goodwin and Nestor Haryse when Goodwin came back from reporting to Gershom of Haryse[src]
September 25, 247 IEdit
- "Every time I think mages are a pain in my bum, I should remember that I'd be wading in scummer if it wasn't for works like these. Except, of course, that nobody ever bothered to put such tunnels in the Lower City, so I do wade in scummer there."
- —Rebakah Cooper in her journal, refering to the sewers in Port Caynn[src]