|Location||Next to Earth Temple and loomhouses in Winding Circle|
|Owner||Rosethorn and Lark|
|Residents|| Comas, Glakisa Irakory, Evumeimei Dingzai (current)|
Sandrilene fa Toren, Daja Kisubo, Trisana Chandler, Briar Moss (1035 - 1039 KF)
|Head of State|
|First appeared||Sandry's Book|
|Latest appearance||The Will of the Empress|
The cottage was part of the main setting in The Circle of Magic, especially Sandry's Book, Tris's Book and Briar's Book; it did not appear in Daja's Book. Discipline was also a minor setting once visited by Sandry in Magic Steps and by Briar, Evvy and Rosethorn in The Will of the Empress.
The cottage was constructed of stone with a thatch-roof. The walls were whitewashed and the shutters and door were painted in a dark green. The cottage was surrounded by a garden. Both sides of the building had an addition. One, Rosethorn's workroom, was wooden with several windows. On her windowsill Rosethorn kept a small herbgarden with marjoram, oregano, fennel, dill and spearmint, which in addition to flavoring food also had protective properties. The second addition was the workroom of Lark. It was constructed of a wooden frame with cloth as walls.
Two bedrooms were situated in the attic. Those were claimed by Daja Kisubo and Trisana Chandler, when the four young mages were staying at the cottage. Lark and Rosethorn sleep on the ground floor, where also two additional bedrooms were. These were inhabited by Sandrilene fa Toren and Briar Moss.
Several protective ivy plants could be found in Discipline cottage.
- Briar Moss (spring 1035 KF - spring 1039 KF)
- Daja Kisubo (spring 1035 KF - spring 1039 KF)
- Sandrilene fa Toren (spring 1035 KF - spring 1039 KF)
- Trisana Chandler (spring 1035 KF - spring 1039 KF)
- Shriek (summer 1035 KF - autumn 1035 KF, often returned in the following summers)
- the shakkan (spring 1035 KF - spring 1039 KF)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Sandry's Book, Cp. 4 (p. 66; Scholastic paperback)
- ↑ Briar's Book, Cp. 6 (p. 99/100; Scholastic paperback)
- ↑ Sandry's Book, Cp. 4 (p. 55/56; Scholastic paperback)
- ↑ Sandry's Book, Cp. 4 (p. 57/58; Scholastic paperback)
- ↑ Briar's Book, Cp. 6 (p. 99; Scholastic paperback)