|Type||Refugee Camp during Scanran War|
|Bodies of water||Greenwoods River|
|Leader/Governor|| Keladry of Mindelan (until its destruction)|
Hobard Elbridge (former)
|Residents|| Tirrsmont refugees |
|Major Events||Scanran War|
|Affiliation||Tortallan war effort|
|Government||Commanded by a Knight|
|Head of State|
|Tortallan Universe place|
|Only Appearance||Lady Knight|
Haven, originally called Miserable Mudpit, was a refugee camp built on the northern border of Tortall near Scanra in the early part of 460 HE. Numair Salmalín was the mage who made the land able to hold the camp. It is a small burgh, which means it is more of a fortified town than a camp.
The camp can sleep approximately 850 people, and has an infirmary and cookhouse.
History of command
In early 460, the camp was commanded by Hobard Elbridge, a sergeant. In the April of 460 HE, Wyldon of Cavall, the district commander during the Scanran War, placed Keladry of Mindelan as the camp's commander. Nealan of Queenscove served as the camp's chief of healers, and Merric of Hollyrose served as the camp's chief of security.
The camp was attacked by Scanrans several times using killing devices, metal monsters made and distributed by Blayce the Gallan for the Scanran war effort. When Keladry went to Fort Mastiff to report to Lord Wyldon, the Scanrans attacked in force, killing the soldiers protecting the camp, and taking the refugees with them in order to sell them as slaves. The Scanrans planned to use the children to fuel the killing devices.
A list of all the named residents of Haven. This list is not exhaustive. In total, the camp housed roughly 500 people.
Commanders, soldiers, and officials
- Keladry of Mindelan, commander of Haven
- Tobeis Boon, servant in her employ
- Nealan of Queenscove, chief of camp healers
- Merric of Hollyrose, camp security chief
Clerks and scribes
- Hobard Elbridge, army captain who set up Haven
- Aufrec, army sergeant at Haven
- Connac, army sergeant at Haven
- Oluf, army sergeant in command of convicts at Haven
- Vidur, army sergeant in command of convicts at Haven
- Grembalt, army corporal at Haven
- Ilbart, army soldier at Haven
- Kortus, army sergeant
- Neum, army soldier at Haven
- Leithan, convict soldier
- Morun, convict soldier, pickpocket and lockpick
- Qafi, Bazhir convict soldier
- Jacut, convict soldier, later a sergeant of the Village Guard, New Hope
- Uinse, convict soldier
- Gilab Lofts, convict soldier
- Oswell, convict soldier
- Adner, later a sergeant of the Village Guard, New Hope
- Einur, the cook at Haven
- Edort, clumsy ploughman
- Fanche Weir
- Saefas Ploughman
- Idrius & Olka Valestone
- Peliwin Archer
- Waehild, hedge-witch
The refugee camp Haven only appears in Lady Knight and is destroyed during the course of the novel.