|Year ennobled||c. 200 KF|
|Head of house||Vedris fer Toren, Duke of Emelan|
|Notable members|| Vedris fer Toren (Head of Family) |
Colederran fer Toren (mentioned by Tamora Pierce on her Tumblr blog)
Gospard fer Toren (second son)
Franzen fer Toren (youngest son)
Mattin fer Toren (deceased nephew of Duke Vedris)
Sandrilene fa Toren (great-niece of Duke Vedris)
Amiliane fa Landreg (married Mattin)
Inoulia fa Juzon (married into house)
|Inheritance||Heir is appointed by current ruler|
|Related families||House Landreg|
|Circle Universe family|
|First Appeared||Sandry's Book|
|Latest Appearance||The Will of the Empress|
House Toren is a ruling noble house within the Circle Universe. It currently rules over the country of Emelan, which is a large duchy. Members of House Toren have ruled over Emelan for over eight hundred years, so it is a very old noble house. The current head of the house is Vedris IV, as the current Duke.
House Toren has a good relationship with other noble families from other countries, showing how Mattin fer Toren, the nephew of Duke Vedris, and Amiliane fa Landreg, the first cousin of the Empress of Namorn,were able to wed.
Within their home country of Emelan it is the Duke's right to choose his heir from certain members of his family, rather than the Duke's eldest child. It is unknown how far away a relation can be for an heir to be chosen. However it is known that the Duke can go as far as choose his/her great-nephew or niece over his/her own children. There have been several mentions that Duke Vedris will choose his great-niece Sandrilene fa Toren over his own sons, but nothing has been made official.
- Vedris fer Toren — The Duke of Emelan and head of the House of Toren
- Colederran fer Toren — Disinherited first son of Vedris, mentioned by Tamora Pierce on tumblr
- Gospard fer Toren — Middle son of Duke Vedris, in the navy.
- Franzen fer Toren — Youngest son of Duke Vedris, ambitions to become Duke of Emelan after the death of his father.
- Sandrilene fa Toren — Great-niece of Duke Vedris, thread-mage, kinswoman to the Empress of Namorn as well.
- Mattin fer Toren— Married the Namornese noblewoman, Amiliane fa Landreg and became a member of House Landreg, a comital noble line.
Married Into the Family
- Inoulia fa Juzon — Married one of Duke Vedris's sons who is now deceased.
- Amiliane fa Landreg — Married Mattin fer Toren, mother of Sandrilene fa Toren, member of House Landreg
? ┬ ? ┌——————————————————————————┴——————————————————————————————————————┐ │ │ unnamed wife ┬ Vedris fer Toren unnamed man ┬ unnamed woman House Landreg │ │ │ ┌————————┴——————————————┬———————————————┬—————————————————————————————┐ Mattin fer Toren ┬ Amiliane fa Landreg │ │ │ │ │ Colederran fer Toren Gospard fer Toren unnamed son - Inoulia fa Juzon Franzen fer Toren Sandrilene fa Toren
Tamora Pierce has expressed interest in creating a book for Sandry, with a more political tone.  If this would occur it would be probably that more of the family's past and current members and exploits would be revealed.