I wish you all a happy, prosperous new year which brings you all joy.
For a good start I'm glad to give you some change on the wiki, namely a new skin, which is book-themed, as you might already have guessed from the new logo. The theme is naturally the newest realease, Bloodhound, but I'm already considering other book-based themes, at the moment for Melting Stones, which you will then be able to add as your custom skin, but one step at a time. I hope you like the new skin and if you have any comments on it, please let me know so I'm aware of what's good or might be improved. Please let me especially know if there are any problems like things not showing up or you not being able to see the new skin at all. If so the first thing to try would be clearing your browser:
- Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5.
- Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R.
- Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences
- Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.
- Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5
By the way we are also celebrating our 1,100 article as of Greenfields District (yeah, I wanted to have the 1,100 full this year and there were only four missing, so I created them).
Edit: Thanks to Mk101, who did Fanche Weir only moments ago, we're actually at 1,101 articles by the end of 2009, whereas we only had 343 articles by the end of 2008, according to Wikia Statistics. That's an addition of 758 article in a year.
Another edit: We're at 1,104 articles now, again thanks to Mk101, who created some other articles, which gives us a total of 761 articles in 2009. Hopefully next year will be just as prosperous for the wiki.